It's easy to purchase Aperian on behalf of others. For example, if you are conducting a class or a training program and would like to provide the participants with Aperian access, you can purchase seats for the group.
- Go to https://app.aperian.com/dashboard?purchase&plan=premium-6mopaid
- If you are not already logged in to Aperian, you will be prompted to sign up or log in. (Full instructions on creating a Aperian account can be found here.)
- The Aperian Dashboard will load with a payment window open to Buy Aperian.
- Click the checkbox next to "I am purchasing for others". A new field will appear to enter the number of licenses needed. Enter the total number of Aperian seats you would like. (Remember to include yourself if you need access as well!) The total price will update based on the number of seats being purchased.
- If you have a coupon code to receive a discount, enter it in the available field and click Apply. (Note: You must click Apply, or the coupon will not be accepted)
- Enter the billing address for the credit card. If you are physically located elsewhere, uncheck the box "Billing Address is the same as Shipping Address". A new field will appear for Shipping Address; enter the appropriate information.
- Click Next. Depending on your location, you may be charged sales tax on the purchase. The new total will be shown.
- Enter your credit card information, including card number, expiration date, security code, and the name that appears on the card. Enter your organization or university name (if you have one; this is not mandatory).
- Review the Purchase Agreement and click the checkbox to accept.
- Click Purchase.
- If your payment goes through successfully, you will receive a confirmation message in the window with your Access Code URL. The Access Code URL is how you will share the seats with your colleagues. Read more about distributing Access Codes here.
A receipt for the purchase will be sent to the email address you used to register for Aperian. If you need to buy more seats in the future, you can always return to the same purchase URL to do so.
NOTE: In case you missed your Access Code on the popup, you can find it using the steps below:
- Click on the 'person' icon in the upper right corner of the Aperian window.
- Select Access from the menu that will appear.
- In the section titled Access Codes You Own, you will see all the Access Codes assigned to your account.
- Find the code you're looking for and click on the little clipboard icon. This will copy the Access Code URL, which is then ready to be pasted wherever you like.
The people with whom you are sharing the access code simply need to click on the URL and either (a) Sign Up for a new Aperian account or (b) Log In to their account if they already have one. If they're already logged in, the page will refresh and show their new level of access after they've clicked on the access code link you've shared with them.