Access Codes can be used to provide access to Aperian, or to add new components to an existing account (such as learning modules or assessments). You can redeem an Access Code for yourself, and you can also distribute Access Codes to others to provide them with Aperian access. There are different ways to distribute an Access Code:
- If you don't plan on comparing your GlobeSmart Profile with others, you can share the access URL via email or some other form of communication (see #1 below).
- If you want to compare your Profile with others, you can attach the access URL to a GlobeSmart Profile invitation (see #2 below).
- If you want to create a Team where all members can see each others' Profiles, see the article: Creating GlobeSmart Profile Teams.
1. Sharing an Access Code URL (with no need to compare Profiles)
If you are sharing an Access Code with others (and you don't need to compare your Profile with them), you can simply copy the Access Code URL and paste it into an email, text message, Slack chat, or any communication method you wish to use. (Note: Access Code URLs look something like this: https://app.aperian.com/access-codes/ACE7B51/redeem)
To find your Access Code URL:
- Click on the 'person' icon in the upper right corner of the Aperian window.
- Select Access from the menu that will appear.
- In the section titled Access Codes You Own, you will see all the Access Codes assigned to your account.
- Find the code you're looking for and click on the little clipboard icon. This will copy the Access Code URL, which is then ready to be pasted wherever you like.
The people with whom you are sharing the access code simply need to click on the URL and either (a) Sign Up for a new Aperian account or (b) Log In to their account if they already have one. If they're already logged in, the page will refresh and show their new level of access after they've clicked on the access code link you've shared with them.
Note: You can share the Access Code with as many people as you like while there are seats remaining. However, the code will only be redeemed for the number of seats you have purchased, in a first-come-first-served order. For example, I have an Access Code with 10 Aperian Premium seats. I send the URL to 15 people. The first 10 people to redeem the Access Code will be able to access Aperian Premium, but the last 5 people will not.
2. Attaching an Access Code to a GlobeSmart Profile Invitation (to enable easy sharing of Profiles)
To send invitations to colleagues with whom you would like to compare GlobeSmart Profiles, follow the steps in the video below. These instructions are for sending individual invitations, but you can also do this when creating a team.
Note: Click the icon at the bottom right corner of the video to enlarge it and see it more clearly.
You can also turn off the captions with the "CC" button.
Note: You can attach the Access Code to as many invitations as you like while there are seats remaining. However, the code will only be redeemed for the number of seats you have purchased, in a first-come-first-served order. For example, I have an Access Code with 10 Aperian seats. I send 15 invitations. The first 10 people to join my team and create their accounts will be able to access Aperian, but the last 5 people will not.
We recommend sending an email to your group ahead of time telling them you will be using Aperian, and asking them to look out for an invitation from The Aperian Team.
Now that you have distributed the Access Code to others, learn how to track who has used it.
Here are the step-by-step instructions described in the video:
- From the Aperian Dashboard, click the bell icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click View Invitations
- Click Invite Colleagues
- Enter the email address of each person you wish to invite. To invite multiple people, click Add Another Invitation for each person.
- Underneath each email address, you will see a drop-down menu with the access code you are sharing, as you can see in this screenshot below.
- When ready, click Send Invitations. Invitations will go out immediately.