IBI Technical Report
The Inclusive Behaviors Inventory (IBI) meets rigorous standards for statistical validity and reliability. The IBI dimensions and items are grounded in research as well as input from experts in the field, and meet the criteria for Construct Validity and Face Validity. Psychometric testing of the IBI provided positive results on standard measures of reliability - all five IBI dimensions exceed the ideal criterion of 0.7 in terms of internal consistency reliability, with four of the dimensions and two of the indicators exceeding 0.84.
A technical report on the Psychometric Analysis of Validity and Reliability of the IBI is available for more details.
Sample Group Demographic Statistics
The scores on a user's IBI report reflect which percentile they fall into. Percentile scores are determined by comparing the user's scores to a sample group of users who have taken the IBI.
This sample group is broken out as such:
- Age: 11.5% were 18-24, 13.8% were 25-34, 33.2% were 35-44, 16.6% were 45-54, 11.5% were 55-64, and 13.4% were 65+.
- Race/Ethnicity: 73.1% were white, 11.5% were Hispanic/Latinx, 8.7% were Asian, and 7.3% were Black or African American.
- Gender: 49.1% self-identified as male, 46% as female, and 4.9% preferred not to answer.
- Education: 7.6% completed some high school, 18.8% graduated high school or completed trade/technical school, 15.6% completed Associate's or some college with no degree, 30.8% completed a Bachelor's degree, and 27.2% completed a Master's degree or a Professional/Doctorate degree.
- Job Function: 4.9% were in Administration / Legal, 5.4% were in Business Services, 4.5% were in Human Resources, 17.9% were in Information Technology, 5.4% were in Manufacturing, 4.9% were in Marketing, 5.4% were in Operations, 2.7% were in R&D, 8.9% were in Sales, and 40.2% were in Other.
- Industry: 2.7% were in Automotive, 12.5% were in Business Services, 5.8% were in Consumer Goods, 4.0% were in Education, 0.4% were in Energy, 4.5% were in Financial Services, 5.8% were in Food & Beverage, 0.4% were in Government & NGO, 5.8% were in Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, 1.3% were in Industrials, 1.3% were in Manufacturing & Raw Materials, 17.9% were in Technology, 1.3% were in Telecom & Utilities, and 36.2% were in Other - Write In.
- People Managers: 51.3% were not people managers, and 48.7% were people managers.