The video below will show you how to take the IBI (Inclusive Behaviors Inventory) survey.
Note: Click the icon at the bottom right corner of the video to enlarge it and see it more clearly.
You can also turn off the captions with the "CC" button.
Below is a written version of the steps shown in the video.
Taking the Inclusive Behaviors Inventory (IBI) begins with taking a survey on the Aperian platform. To do so, follow these steps:
- On the Aperian Dashboard, click Take the IBI Survey on the Inclusive Behaviors Inventory (IBI) to start the IBI survey
- On the first page of the survey, select your preferred language for the survey items. (Note: at this time, the report is available in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish.) The survey is available in:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- For the best user experience, select your preferred language on the first page (screenshot below). While it is possible to change languages mid-survey, you will be prompted to review your existing answers in the new language.
- Read the text and click Next.
- The next page includes optional demographic questions. Responding to these questions helps us with our research and our efforts to continually improve the IBI. However, you are free to skip this page if you prefer.
- On the next screen, select whether you have a leadership role or not. Your selection here will determine the rest of the survey shown to you, and the results you will receive. Examples of a leadership role could be:
- People managers
- Team or project leaders
- Respond honestly to the survey items, marking how strongly you Agree or Disagree with each item, or how frequently you perform the behavior (Never, Sometimes, Always). There are no right or wrong answers. The goal is to identify areas of strength and improvement with regards to inclusivity. Click or drag the slider to the number of your choosing.
- You can exit the survey at any time by clicking the Aperian logo in the upper left. Your progress and your responses will be saved.
- On the last page of the survey, click Submit. Your report will be emailed to you immediately. (If you do not receive it right away, please check your Spam or Junk folders.) The page will redirect to the IBI results page.
Now you've taken the survey, it's time to understand your results.