Gain the knowledge and skills for successful cultural adaptation on your international assignment with the most in-depth learning module for expatriates on the market.
In this self-paced learning module, you’ll receive essential advice and resources for a fulfilling relocation experience. Discover the challenges and opportunities you and your family may face, and learn best practices for mitigating common mistakes and overcoming obstacles in order to thrive in your new culture.
Current and former expatriates share their tips and experiences in videos throughout the module, and there are opportunities for self-analysis and reflection through various exercises.
What You'll Learn
In the Preparing for Your Global Adventure learning module, you will learn:
- What to expect as you relocate to a foreign country
- How culture impacts your own perceptions and the behaviors of others
- How to engage effectively across cultures
- The adaptation curve and strategies for a smooth transition
- Guidance for couples and families
- When and how to start planning re-entry and why it is important
- Insights on your own preferred work style using the cultural dimensions framework, with complimentary access to the GlobeSmart Profile for one year.
Estimated Completion Time
Preparing for Your Global Adventure is eligible for 2 Professional Development Credits (PDC) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.